Coronavirus Updates and Information
This Spring looks a lot different than the one before; spring breaks cancelled, everyone working from home, and constant COVID-19 coronavirus updates. In the face of this uncertainty, there are five things your River Oaks Travel advisors would like you to know:
- We're here for you: While this particular virus is new territory, assisting clients with unexpected events is something our team is very familiar with! We're working remotely and are here if you need us - whether that means canceling or postponing your travel plans, answering questions about travel restrictions, or having a friendly call in the age of social distancing.
- You're more than a reservation number: Our advisor team is closely tracking all reservations to keep you up-to-date on the constantly changing regulations, cancellation terms, and deadlines. To us, you're more than just a booking number and we're here to be your advocates - whether you have travel booked now or are considering planning for the future.
- Who to trust: We are all aware of the main rule of mainstream media - sensationalism sells - so in situations like COVID-19 we recommend focusing on the facts being released by trusted sources such as the CDC, US State Department and WHO.
- You can keep planning (but do it smartly!): Travel planning doesn't have to be put on hold forever - while we may not be able to travel right now, we can start looking at ideas for adventures in late 2020/early 2021. Trust us, we'll be planning our own vacations once this is over!
- It's okay to keep dreaming: Since social distancing has us stuck at home, we're finding new ways to bring the world to our living rooms! Check out our blog for virtual museum tours, travel-inspired movies and shows, and books to feed your wanderlust.
We look forward to helping you with your future travels once that time comes, but for now we’re compiling some great ways to roam from home on our blog and social media pages. We will continue to serve as your trusted resource for coronavirus updates and inspiration.
COVID-19 Trusted Information Sources
Have Questions or Need Help?
Our travel agency is here to be your advocate in this ever-changing situation. We're happy to assist with any questions you may have around travel and coronavirus updates. Contact us if you'd like to speak with one of our Houston travel agents.