US Travelers Can Now Visit Greece & Croatia
Over the last year, most of our travelers have had to stick closer to home with domestic adventures and Texas staycations. We’ve been looking forward to seeing destinations further abroad reopen, and are so excited that US travelers can now visit both Greece and Croatia! Read below for a quick overview of the travel requirements (and a peak of some of our favorite hotels and experiences), then contact an advisor to start planning your own trip!
Greece Entry Requirements
Greece opened to international tourists on April 19, 2021 (one month earlier than originally planned!). Greece will allow entrance to US travelers that meet one of the following three criteria:
- Have proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies
- Can show a negative PCR test result performed less than three days prior to departure
Your River Oaks Travel concierge will walk you through all of the requirements to enter Greece as part of our travel planning process.
Some of our favorite hotels in Greece:
Blue Palace, Crete
Start planning your own trip
Now more than ever, you need a travel concierge to help you navigate the ever-changing travel guidelines and match you to the perfect OPEN destination (like Greece!). Let us help you plan your trip, or keep scrolling to read about Croatia!
Croatia Entry Requirements
Croatia is currently open to travelers from the USA! In addition to showing confirmation of paid accommodations or private tour (which River Oaks Travel will arrange!), travelers must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and second dose received at least 14 days prior to arrival
- Have a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 within 11 – 180 days prior to arrival
- Can show a negative PCR test result performed less than 48 hours prior to departure – if staying in Croatia more than 10 days, a rapid antigen test must be repeated within 10 days from initial test
- Children under the age of 7 can enter without restrictions
Your River Oaks Travel concierge will walk you through all of the requirements to enter Croatia as part of our travel planning process.
Some of our favorite hotels in Croatia:
Hotel Monte Mulini
Ready to plan your own trip to Greece or Croatia?
Whether you’re looking to relax on a beach in Santorini or tour the cobbled streets of Dubrovnik, you really should be using a travel advisor to maximize your experience! Send us a message using the below form and a River Oaks Travel agent will reach out to you to start the planning process.