Traveling to France during Covid
Know before you go
Traveling to France during COVID:
Know before you go
France is the latest European destination to announce new travel limitations on U.S. travelers. Planning your own trip to France? See below for the current travel requirements, then reach out to our travel advisors for guidance on planning your own trip.
Effective September 12, 2021, fully vaccinated travelers are required to provide proof of a full vaccination and a declaration form. Children under 12 years of age are exempt.
Starting September 12, 2021, non-vaccinated travelers will only be allowed to enter if their reasons for travel meet the essential travel categories set forth by France. Non-vaccinated travelers who meet the essential travel exceptions must provide one of the following documents:
- A negative NAAT test result taken within 72 hours of departure
- A negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours of departure
- Subject to testing upon arrival
- Self-quarantine for seven (7) days upon arrival into France
- Undergo NAAT testing at the end of the self-quarantine period
- Complete a certificate of travel AND a sworn health declaration form certifying the above requirements
Health Pass/”Pass Sanitaire”:
All travelers must present an EU digital certificate health pass called a “Pass Sanitaire” to access public venues, including bars, cafes, restaurants, tourist sites/museums, and trains. For vaccinated travelers to receive this certificate, you must:
- Go here
- Create an account
- Confirm your account (should receive an email with instructions)
- Complete the online form – you will be asked personal details such as your full name, date of birth, home address, and vaccination information
- Upload supporting documents in PDF, JPG, or PNG formats: a valid passport, your CDC vaccination certificate, and a travel ticket
- Once processed, you will receive a QR code.
We recommend filing for your health pass as soon as possible, as it is currently averaging 7 days to process applications.
French Health pass Application available here
Signed Declaration Form:
In addition, you will need to present a signed declaration that you do not have COVID symptoms or have been in contact with any COVID patients. You can find the declaration here. Make sure to select the “Travel to an Amber List Country” tab.
Return to the United States:
All travelers returning to the United States must prevent a negative result from a COVID test taken within 3 days prior to your return. Ask our travel agency for assistance in arranging COVID testing during your trip to France to comply with these requirements.
Did You Know:
River Oaks Travel Concierge provides guidance and support related to travel during COVID:
- Airline rules required to be admitted for boarding
- Entry rules for the country you are traveling to (vaccination requirements, COVID testing, quarantine, health forms, etc.)
- Information regarding mask mandates
- Destination-specific COVID protocols (mask requirements, hotel procedures, green passes)
- Information regarding the open status of restaurants, attractions, any restrictions in the country of your travel
- Information regarding COVID test requirements to return to U.S.
- In case of border closures and destination shutdowns, we will work with you on postponing your trip
River Oaks Travel provides information based on data provided by the US and the governments of your destination. We will communicate any changes and restrictions leading up to your trip to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date details.
What we can do for you:
Fully Customized Travel
No cookie-cutter packages here. We base our trips around your needs, not the other way around.
Our passion is staying updated on the rapidly changing rules, regulations, and quality of accommodations/experiences.
Access to Hidden Treasures
Our Industry relationships open doors that you never knew existed
We Handle the Logistics
From managing COVID regulations to arranging perks and amenities, we have your covered
We are here Every Step of the Way
We are on call 24/7 via phone, email, and our mobile app