Traveling to Spain during COVID
Know before you go
Traveling to Spain during COVID:
Know before you go
Last week, Spain announced travel entry requirements that have been updated as follows:
The complete list of regulations can be found here.
Effective September 6, fully-vaccinated travelers are now required to provide proof of a full vaccination. Children under 12 years of age are exempt.
All vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers must still complete a Health Control Form and obtain their QR code prior to departure for Spain. It needs to be presented at boarding and upon arrival into Spain.
Non-vaccinated travelers will only be allowed to enter if their reasons for travel meet the essential travel categories set forth by Spain. Non-vaccinated travelers who meet the essential travel exceptions must provide one of the following documents:
- A negative COVID-19 NAAT (PCR) test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- A negative COVID-19 antigen (Rapid) test taken within 48 hours of arrival. Children under 12 years of age are will not be required to present a negative test result.
- Proof of recovery from COVID-19.
For travelers who are not vaccinated, we recommend that they verify that their reason for travel will continue to allow them to travel to Spain. Fully-vaccinated travelers will continue to be allowed to enter. However, unvaccinated travelers will only be allowed to enter for essential travel.
Non-vaccinated travelers must still complete a Health Control Form and obtain their QR code to be presented at boarding and upon arrival into Spain.
Return to the United States:
All travelers returning to the United States must prevent a negative result from a COVID test taken within 3 days prior to your return. Ask our travel agency for assistance in arranging COVID testing during your trip to Spain to comply with these requirements.
Did You Know:
River Oaks Travel Concierge provides guidance and support related to travel during COVID:
- Airline rules required to be admitted for boarding
- Entry rules for the country you are traveling to (vaccination requirements, COVID testing, quarantine, health forms, etc.)
- Information regarding mask mandates
- Destination-specific COVID protocols (mask requirements, hotel procedures, green passes)
- Information regarding the open status of restaurants, attractions, any restrictions in the country of your travel
- Information regarding COVID test requirements to return to U.S.
- In case of border closures and destination shutdowns, we will work with you on postponing your trip
River Oaks Travel provides information based on data provided by the US and the governments of your destination. We will communicate any changes and restrictions leading up to your trip to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date details.
What we can do for you:
Fully Customized Travel
No cookie-cutter packages here. We base our trips around your needs, not the other way around.
Our passion is staying updated on the rapidly changing rules, regulations, and quality of accommodations/experiences.
Access to Hidden Treasures
Our Industry relationships open doors that you never knew existed
We Handle the Logistics
From managing COVID regulations to arranging perks and amenities, we have your covered
We are here Every Step of the Way
We are on call 24/7 via phone, email, and our mobile app